Bamboo Building Immersion Course
@ Rama Organica
Diamante Valley, Costa Rica
April 30th - May 8th, 2020
In the lectures and hands-on workshops you will learn:
* Bamboo varieties, harvesting, processing, treatment, and curing methods
*Bamboo Design and Model Making
* Bamboo splitting, bending, drilling, pegging, lashing, fish mouths and other joinery techniques
* Bamboo finishing methods, and maintenance strategies
* Bamboo & hardwood pin, and binder stick making
*Bamboo Furniture Techniques
* Bamboo wattle and split panels
* Bamboo Dome Assembly
* Specialty tools for Bamboo Construction
During this week-long course, we will construct a small bamboo structure, completing the entire framing process from start to finish.
This course is designed for those who would like practical natural building skills and hands-on experience working with bamboo. It would suit owner-developers, professional contractors, permaculturists, or those interested to build with regenerative and sustainable materials and methodologies. No prior experience or special skills with bamboo are necessary; only a reasonable level of physical fitness and willingness to learn.
6:45 a.m. - Yoga
8 a.m. - Breakfast
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Classroom Lectures/ Hands-on Workshops
12 p.m. - Lunch
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Siesta
1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Hands-On Workshops/Build
6 p.m. - Dinner
7 p.m. - Slideshows/ Videos
All food served at the course is 100% organic and vegan.
Fresh coconuts available throughout the day and fruit snacks in between meals.
Additional information and travel instructions will be emailed upon registration.